Wednesday, February 29, 2012

of big bangs

the TV kind and the other kind.

So, I got Season 4 of The Big Bang Theory for our wedding anniversary on Monday. 19 years - can you believe it? TBBT is quite a favourite in our house - sometimes I can hear Bloss and her dad laughing from the other end of the house. I love Leonard - his relative down-to-earthness compared to Sheldon just tweaks my funny-bone. Bloss and I are currently watching our way through disc 2 of the set - Amy kills me.

Today's other big bang is the news that the cast list for this year's school musical was announced today. Bloss auditioned at the end of last year and was fortunate to be cast in one of the smaller lead roles. She gets lines and a song (the Little River Band classic "Help is on it's way" - ahh, great memories...). Her cousin GT scored a lead role and I'm sure she'll totally rock it. Several of Bloss' other friends were also cast, so all in her world is rosy at the moment.

But the biggest bang of all is that we are taking a fabulous holiday in October to far-distant lands - in particular we'll be spending 4 days in Paris (cue great excitement from the Victor Hugo fan in the corner).

Leonard and Sheldon are discussing the relative merits of L sleeping with a wealthy older lady so she'll give them a big research grant, so better finish here - now cue the snickering...and yes, I am going to leave the holiday just hanging there...

More later.

No comments: